Pebble recently announced its Pebble 2.0 and its App Store for Android along with many more apps that go hand-in-gloves with this software release. Few days back we saw that the Pebble 2.0 was in beta stage of its development and now users will be able to get it updated from Google Play. Now users will be able to download new watches faces and apps to get their Pebble customized. Some of the new partner apps like Time Warner Cable, eBay and Evernote have also been launched.
The Evernote app facilitates users for checklists, reminders and notebooks. However, with the Time Warner, you will be able to control the thermostat and other features. The eBay allows users to add few products to their watch lists which can be later viewed on the smartphone.
Few release notes for Pebble 2.0:
- New and improved UI design.
- Pebble’s own watchapp directory that allows users to browse, search and install the latest watchapps for Pebble.
- New Watchapp locker which will help manage apps on your Pebble and keep track of your favorite apps.
- Storing of prior notifications to your Pebble.
- Users who have used the Beta release of Android 2.0 application will initially see only the old app in Play Store. The Beta version must be deleted to see the public version properly.
- Side-loading apps from the “Downloads” app or Gmail may fail. This is a known issue—users must currently use another method (e.g. Dropbox, downloading with an alternate browser, copying manually to a SD card, loading from the File Manager, etc.)
- At current, side-loading of apps from Gmail or “Download” apps may fail. Thus at moment users should resolve to some other methods like downloading with an alternate browser, Dropbox, loading from the File Manager, copying manually to a SD card, etc.
- If your Pebble is disconnected from the paired device for a longer period of time, you may need to manually relaunch the Pebble app and reconnect to Pebble.
So Pebble owners navigate quickly to the Play Store and download the 2.0 software and enjoy plethora of apps.