Users of the Samsung Galaxy Gear, must have used the device quite thoroughly and must have explored every corner and functionality of this smart gadget. Designed with absolute class and elegance, the Samsung Galaxy Gear sports a variety of features and manages almost every task on your smartphone.
Arguably, users must be willing to drill more into the device with extended functionality and expand its horizons of operations. Here are a few steps that would help to root your Samsung Galaxy Gear.
- Get the Samsung’s official ADB drivers here and install them.
- Get the Cydia Impactor from here.
- Navigate through your Gear’s settings and enable ADB.
- Plug in your Gear to your PC and allow it to install all the drivers it need.
- Unzip the Cydia Impactor you have downloaded.
- Open the Impactor from the unzipped folder.
- You will see “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” which is the drill to your root.
- Click Start and wait till the process completes.
- The device may look the same but it would be fully rooted.
IF by some or the other reason the method does not work for you even after several attempts, do not worry as we have the following method to get the stock version back to your GEAR.
- Plug in the Gear.
- From the moment it is powered on, press and hold the button on the right until the message “Samsung Galaxy Gear Rebooting” appears. Press the button rapidly until you reach to the “Select REBOOT MODE” screen.
- In the list, highlight the “Download” by pressing the button to scroll.
- One it’s highlighted, press and hold the button for 3 seconds and allow it to boot into download mode.
- Unzip the .zip file which contains the ROM itself.
- Select the PDA button and open the .md5 file in your folder that you unzipped.
- DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE!!
- Click the Start button and you will have the stock version in couple of minutes.